- 60g Oats
- 150g Beetroot
- 135g Apple
- 30g Raisins
- Slice and blend the beetroot to a chunky consistency, you don’t want liquidized beetroot.
- Dice the apple into small to medium chunks.
- In a bowl add the oats and beetroot, slowly add water and mix to get a good consistency, not to thick or runny.
- Then add the apple and raisins and soak overnight.*
- The next morning place your porridge in the microwave for 3-5 minutes and your good to go.
*Soaking overnight is not essential. Soaking oats overnight reduces phytic acid and breaks down the starches to make them easier to digest. However the scientific research on this is not conclusive so don’t panic if you don’t soak your oats, you will be fine.