Serves 1 (Easily adapted for 2 ect…)
- 200g Butternut Squash
- 100g Chicken
- 100g Pepper
- 100g Red Onion
- 1/2 Tin Chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 Tin Kidney Beans in Chili sauce
- 1tsp Smoked paprika
- 50g Avocado
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into evenly sized chunks.
- Roast the butternut squash for approximately 30-45 minutes
- Chop and cook the vegetables.
- Chop and cook the chicken.
- Add the veg, chicken and butternut squash to one pan.
- Over a low to medium heat, add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and spices.
- Finally, serve up and add avocado to top. (The avocado adds a lovely cool contrast)
This is such a simple recipe that you can tailor to your own preferences. Could serve with rice for a higher carb dish, omit the avocado to reduce fats or batch cook and put it in the freezer for those nights when you don’t have time to cook.
- Calories: 581