Omelette on Toast alternative
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Scoop Whey
- 1 Banana
- 1 Slice of Rye Bread
- Optional: Dried figs or dates
- Optional: Walden Farms zero calorie caramel syrup
- Blend the eggs with the whey protein powder until smooth.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil or fry light 1 Cal spray.
- Once the pan is hot add your omelette mixture.
- Add banana and your dried fruit to the center and fold the omelette in the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes each side so the banana and dried fruit goes gooey.
- Toast your rye bread and either add some banana on top or just place the omelette on the toast.
- Finally, drizzle the caramel sauce and voila.
You may ask why I’m having rye bread instead of normal wheat bread. With Rye bread it is very difficult to separate the bran and germ from the endosperm so they don’t and it retains most of its nutritional quality. In contrast, refined wheat bread is stripped of its bran and germ removing the elements that contain fiber, vitamins and minerals.