- 30g Chia Seeds
- 240mL/1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
- Add the Chia seeds, almond milk and protein powder to a bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Leave overnight to set or for a minimum of 6 hours
- Add your toppings and serve
- Alternative variations: Add 1 grated apple and sultanas instead of banana
- Add some Greek yoghurt for a thicker texture.
This is one of the many variations of Chia seed puddings I have made as I tend to change things up; sometimes using Greek yogurt as well as almond milk for a thicker texture, or not using protein powder. You can also add the fruit/toppings into the pudding and allow it to set within it.
People often ask, What do Chia seeds taste like? In my opinion Chia seeds don’t have a taste, their purpose is to alter the texture and thicken up foods whilst also providing a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and contain fiber, antioxidants, protein, and minerals. Studies have been carried out to investigate the benefits of Chia seeds as well as lots of tests to find out what the true benefits are, I will post a good article if you’re interested.
CHIA SEED: THE NEW OMEGA-3 POWERHOUSE. (2011). Nutraceutical Business & Technology, 7(3), 38-39. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/878213854?accountid=8630