This recipe is super versatile and makes multiple servings so it either saves you cooking the following evening or you can put it in the freezer for a later date.
Feel free to swap the lean turkey mince for lean steak mince, quorn mince or soya mince to cater for your own dietary needs.
Serves 3 medium portions
- 500g Lean Turkey Mince
- 1 Tin (400g) Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin (400g) Tinned Kidney Beans in Chili Sauce
- 200g Red Onion
- 200g Red pepper
- 200g Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Crushed Chili
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- First chop all the veg up and put into a frying pan to cook through. I used a Fry light spray, but you can use other oils such as coconut oil (this will alter the macros given)
- Chop the mince to break it down into smaller pieces and cook fully on the hob.
- Once both pans of food are cooked, combine them into one pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and spices to the pan and simmer on the hob for 10-20 minutes to allow some of the liquid to reduce down.
- Serve up your chili how you like. Brown Rice is a good choice for those that want a nice balanced meal, alternatively if you’re on a low carb diet or the day you could serve with salad, courgetti or cauliflower rice.
- Calories: 370
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
*Macros based on 3 servings