Healthy Carrot Cake
- 100g Oat Flour
- 25g Optimum nutrition Vanilla whey protein powder
- 25g Sukrin Coconut flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 70ml liquid egg whites (2 large egg whites)
- 20g melted coconut oil
- 100g 0% Fat, Total Greek yoghurt
- 80ml Water
- 180g Carrots, Grated
- 400g 0% Fat, Total Greek yoghurt
- 25g Optimum Nutrition vanilla casein
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Oats, Whey, Coconut Flour, Baking Powder)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (10-30seconds).
- Add the eggs, egg whites, water and Greek yoghurt to the coconut oil and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until fully combined.
- Add the grated carrot and mix again.
- 2 options here: Divide your cake mixture into two baking trays or simply add all the mixture into one baking tray and cut the cake into two layers once cooked and cooled.
- Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, add the casein to the Greek yoghurt to make the frosting, adding water if it becomes too thick, however you don’t want it too runny either.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread half of the icing on one of the layers.
- Then place the second layer on top of the frosted layer and top with another layer of frosting.
- And Voila! You have a healthy carrot cake, you could also decorate the top if you wish
Macros for 1/6 of the cake
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 22.5g
- Carbs: 18.2g
- Fats: 6.9g
- If you don’t have protein powder you can buy individual sachets of whey and casein easily at stores such as Holland and Barrat, you don’t have to go out and buy huge tubs of it.
- This is a recipe adapted from a couple of others, but mainly based upon @_laurenfitness recipe on instagram.