Apple & Blackberry Crumble
- 120g Oats
- 105g Sukrin Almond Flour
- 1.5tsp Cinnamon
- 20g Coconut Oil
- 80ml Date Syrup
- 600g /6 Apples (Peeled & Cored)
- 350g Blackberries
- Crumble layer. Add the oats and almond flour to a bowl
- Next place the coconut oil, date syrup and cinnamon to a saucepan, gently heating until the coconut has melted and everything has combined.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and mix, setting aside.
- Fruit Layer. Peel and core the apples, chopping into even chunks.
- Place the apple and blackberries in a saucepan, add enough boiling water to just cover the bottom of the pan and allow to simmer with the lid on for approximately 10 minutes until the fruit is soft and the liquid has reduced down. (If you accidentally add too much water you may need to drain some of)
- Preheat the oven to approximately 180C
- Transfer the soft fruit into the bottom of a baking dish/s and layer the crumble on top.
- Bake for approximately 25-20 minutes until the top has browned, but be careful not to burn it and you may need to turn the oven down.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt or some healthy Oppo Icecream for a cold contrast.
Macros for 1/4 of the recipe:
- Calories: 420
- Carbs: 60g
- Protein: 16g
- Fats: 10g