This is a hearty recipe adapted from Deliciously Ella. It is a vegetarian dish, but Chicken could be added if you wanted. Enjoy this wonderful bowl of deliciousness.
- 1 Tin (400g) Chickpeas
- 2 Tins (800g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tin (400ml) Light Coconut Milk
- 600g Sweet Potato
- 400g Aubergine
- 100g Tomato Puree
- 125g Spinach
- Optional: 400g Chicken
- 35ml (4 TBSP) Apple Cyder Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 10g Coriander
- Chop the sweet potato into small pieces, cook these for 15 minutes until soft. Then chop the aubergine into small pieces.
- *If adding chicken, cut the chicken breast into bite size chunks and cook separately, adding to the stew with the tinned coconut milk ect…
- Then put the tomato puree, apple cyder vinegar, garlic and spices in a pan.Heat this for a minute until they’re piping hot and bubbling slightly.
- Open all your tins and add the coconut milk, tomatoes, aubergine and sweet potato to the pan and leave it to heat up until it’s all bubbling.
- Allow the pan to cook for roughly 45 minutes. If its particularly liquidy, then remove the lid and allow the sauce to reduce down.
- For the final 15 minutes add the drained chickpeas and spinach.
- Finely chop the coriander ready to serve.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
- Cook this in bulk and freeze in portions.
VEGGIE (With Chicken)
- Calories: 382 (485)
- Carbs: 60g (60g)
- Protein: 13g (36g)
- Fats: 9g (10g)