Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 container of Tofu (400g)
- 200g Red pepper
- 200g Red Onion
- 100g Green beans
- 200g Portobello Mushrooms
- 60g Cashew nuts
- 4 TBSP Light Soy Sauce
- 20g Date Syrup
- 1 Ginger Root
- TOFU. Drain the tofu and place between two objects, e.g. Plates, on paper towels to allow the paper to absorb the liquid within the tofu. I put books on the top plate to ensure enough pressure to force the liquid out. Leave for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight preferably) and replace paper towels when needed. Cut your tofu into small chunks and bake for 15-25 minutes at a medium temperature until they have a slightly browned exterior.
- Sauce. Grate your ginger root and combine with soy sauce and date syrup.
- Nuts. Toast the cashews on a baking tray for 5-10 mins until slightly browned and set aside.
- Stir Fry. Cut up all your vegetables into slices and dry fry in a pan (could use oil if you wish) leaving the green beans to one side. Once your vegetables have softened slightly, add the tofu and green beans. Finally and the sauce and allow the stir fry to come together on the heat for a few minutes.
- Serve and add the toasted cashew nuts to finish.
- I like to serve mine with Edamamae Bean or Soybean pasta, but other extras that would go well would be buckwheat noodles, brown rice or quinoa.
Macros or 1/2 the recipe (1 serving):
- Calories: 550
- Carbs: 34g
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 29g