I am in love with this recipe. Its versatile , customizable and delicious, but the most important question is do you want it Sweet or Savoury?
Everyone always tells me how great t is that I have such great willpower to say no to all the treats and temptations out there. I genuinely don’t feel deprived at all because I satisfy my sweet cravings and I find alternatives. Here i’m eating Pizza so no more will you banish your weekend Pizzas, you can just make your own !
- 35g Buckwheat Flour
- 30g Chia Seeds
- 2/3 Cup of water
- SAVOURY: 1 tbsp Italian spices
- SWEET: A few FlavDrops
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Leave for 20-25 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb the liquid.
- Flatten out onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 180 for 10-15minutes and then flip it and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- SAVOURY: Add your tomato puree and toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.
- SWEET: Remove from the oven and get toppings on
Base Macros only:
- Calories: 270
- Carbs: 38g
- Protein: 12g
- Fats: 10.4g
I’ve shown the Napolina pizza base macros for comparison.
For a savoury Pizza, I use Tomato puree for my base, cook some chicken and half cook some vegetables. I then add my toppings to the base and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add cheese as well so that it melts in the oven if you like cheese.
I’ve had this as a breakfast and cooked the base the night before and also as a dessert. You need to top the base with a sauce consistency, I use greek yogurt, alternatively you could use a berry compote or mashed banana. Then add any toppings you like, my favourite are bananas and nut butter; but you could top with dried fruit, other fruits, seeds or nuts.