Here’s a step by step guide to the perfect Mug Cake everytime !
This recipe can be tailored to your needs, need more carbs? Add more oats. Need more protein? Add more protein powder !
- 40g Oats (40-60g is the sweet spot)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- 1 egg
Add Oats to your mug
Add your egg (or egg whites)
Add your protein powder and little extra liquid if needed- depends on your quantity of oats and protein powder. Do not add lots of liquid otherwise it will not work, just enough to mix it all together.
Add MyProtein flavdrops for extra flavour
Microwave for 2-3 minutes
Empty mug upside down onto plate
Add toppings and sauces- I like to cut mine in half put toppings in the middle and make a cake.
- Add banana into your mug cake for a lighter texture
- Add yoghurt or cottage cheese as a sauce
- Use Hale Naturals powdered peanut butter and add water to make a sauce
- Add fresh fruit such as berries or apricots for a fresh dessert
- Add some seeds for a bit of crunch