Who fancies a Christmas classic? A yule log, decadently chocolaty, with layers of creamy, cakey goodness. I know I do. What about a healthier high protein but still equally delicious version? Well i’ve done it, and here’s the recipe.
Makes 10 Slices
200g egg whites
45g oat flour (Blended oats)
10g Cocoa powder
50g Chocolate Whey protein (Any Chocolate Protein such as pea)
30g Cottage Cheese (Alternative is Greek yoghurt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
- 170g Cottage Cheese
- 60g Melted Chocologic Sugar free Dark Chocolate (Alternative is 85% Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 180
- Blend oats to make oat flour.
- Add all other log ingredients to a blender/food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour Log mixture into a lined baking tin using a non stick sheet or greaseproof paper.
- Bake the log for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean, don’t over bake otherwise the log won’t role.
- Meanwhile mix together the filling ingredients (See alternatives in the ‘Tips’ section)
- Once baked remove the log from the sheet or paper and sit it on top.
- Smoother an even layer of your filling and then role the log either using your hands or the greaseproof paper if you find it easier.
- Then slowly melt your chocolate, I just did mine in the microwave using 20s intervals and stirring.
- Smoother the top and sides of the log in chocolate and put into the fridge for 5-10 minutes to partially set.
- I removed mine after 10 minutes and used a fork to make striations so it looked more like a log and then put it back in the fridge to fully set.
Macros per 1/10th of log:
- Calories: 85
- Carbs: 5.5g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Filling Alternatives:
- Greek Yoghurt and Flavoured Casein
- Sugar Free Jam