Sydney’s Healthy Brunch Spots
Australia is famous for its brunch and most importantly its healthy brunches. As a brunch addict it was the perfect place for me, so my trip was one very long brunch crawl.
In the first blog of a series of Australian blogs I’m telling you the best healthy brunch spots in Sydney.
Sydney is filled with health food restaurants, food shops and cafes. Every time you turn down a street you will see another spot featuring avocado on toast, Acai bowls, fresh fruit, juices, smoothies and raw desserts. Most places have plenty of sugar free, dairy free, gluten free options to suit everyone as well.
I went to many places for breakfast and brunch, although many were good not all of them made the cut. So only the best made the list.
Best for Sweet brunches or colourful Salad Bowls.
- BONDI BOWL Roasted sweet potato, shredded carrot, house made kraut, smashed avo, coconut bacon, sautéed mushrooms, white bean beet hummus & caramelized tempeh on a bed of seasonal greens.
- EPIC ACAI (RAW) Açai blended thick and creamy with banana and crisp fresh apples – loaded into a bowl with plenty of seasonal fruit and house-made grawnola
- BEST WAFFLES EVER 2 x gluten free and refined sugar superfood waffles topped with seasonal fruit, toasted coconut, lemon buttercream and maple syrup.
Best for simple brunches think eggs, pancakes and smoothies.
- Scrambled eggs on sourdough with smoked salmon
Best for Pancakes.
- December Special: Salted Caramel and Cacao Pancakes with Mascarpone, dates, cacao nibs and rock salt
- Avocado and Bacon Pancakes: Zucchini and Spinach pancake with bacon, avocado and tomato salsa
- Apple Crumble Pancakes: Pancakes with poached apple, mascarpone, paleo granola and cinnamon
Best for extravagant breakfasts turned into art.
- Lucuma Vanilla Vegan Pancakes, drizzled in a white cacao sauce and an orange blossom cashew creme scattered with fresh fruit and nuts.
- Toasted Banana Chia Loaf with Cashew Cream
Best for more sophisticated brunches.
- Heirloom tomato agrodolce & avocado toast, goat’s curd, basil, black salt & birdseed
- Miso buttered mushrooms on SD, koji creamed corn, charred broccoli, poached eggs, pea leaves & shichimi togarashi
Best for Smoothie Bowls.
- Cacao crunch Acai Bowl with Peanut Butter, Fresh Fruit, bukinis and bee pollen
Best for a soul bowl. Think Chia bowls, smoothie bowls, granola bowls and acai bowls.
- HIPPIE BOWL
Blend: Organic Acai, Banana, Blueberry, Hemp Protein, Macadamia Milk
Topping: Chunky Granola, Banana, Goji Berry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Hemp Seeds, Natural Peanut Butter
Hope you enjoyed this post. Keep an eye out for the next blog in the Aussie Series.