I love pesto, but with it’s high oil content it can become a significant caloric addiction to your meal. I’ve made an oil free fiery pesto to eliminate this issue and allow me to add pesto to anything and everything. I love a kick to my food so i’ve used 1/2 a chilli, for less of a punch just use less chilli or omit it all together as there are so many other flavours from the other ingredients.
- 30g Coriander
- 1 Thumb Ginger
- 1x Thumb Turmeric
- 1/2 Chilli
- 3x Garlic Cloves
- 1 Thumb
- 2 Very Ripe Beef Tomatoes
- Cut the stems off the coriander and chop the leaves finely.
- Peel the ginger and turmeric and chop finely.
- Peel the Garlic Cloves and chop finely. (Yes theres a lot o chopping finely)
- Slice up your chilli, add the seeds for extra heat or omit them for a milder pesto.
- Quarter your tomatoes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside for 30mins to thicken.
- Serve your pesto.
- I like to use pesto to marinate my chicken or as a sauce.
- Pesto on rice cakes is another winner.
- Freeze pesto in individual portions, using silicone cake moulds or ice cube trays.
- You could also add it into soups.