Everyone loves Banana Bread right? and most people like chocolate so why not have both? I’m always on the look out for a snack I can make in a big batch and portion out for the week to take to uni and banana bread is a firm favourite of mine. The recipe is also gluten free just in case your intolerant and high in protein. Now lets get baking !
- 2x Bananas (250g)
- 1 Tin Black Beans (230g Drained)
- 100g Egg Whites
- 10g Cacao Powder
- 60g Goat & Sheep Nutristrength Whey Protein (Any Protein powder will work)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Optional Sweeteners: I used FlavDrops (Could use Stevia or Date Nectar)
- Optional extras: I used Cacao Nibs (Could use Sugar Free Chocolate Chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Rinse and Drain your black beans.
- Add Bananas and Black beans to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (Egg white, cacao powder, protein, baking soda and sweeteners) to the blender.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a silicone baking mould or line a bread tin with greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle your optional extras on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- Slice into portions. (I made 12 slices)
Macros per slice (1/12th):
- Calories: 60 Calories
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fats: 0.5g