Banana & Beetroot Flapjack
It’s Valentines week… which means it’s the week of love. But it’s not just about loving your partner, it’s about loving your friends, family and most importantly yourself !
It’s also my birthday on valentines day and my middle name is Valentine, so this week is always a special one.
I’m going to be sharing a valentines inspired breakfast everyday of the week on my instagram and posting some recipes here , so keep coming back to check them out.
- 50g Beetroot
- 100g Banana
- 50g Oats
- 30g Whey Protein (Could use vegan protein powder)
- 5g Crushed Almonds
- 5g Goji Berries
- Optional Sweetener (E.g FlavDrops, Stevia, coconut sugar, date nectar)
- Pre Heat Oven to 180
- Add the banana and beetroot to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, whey protein and sweetener.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, it should form a thick batter.
- Line a tin with greaseproof paper and fill the tin with your flapjack mix (You will need a small tin)
- Add crushed almonds to the top.
- Bake for 20-30mins until firm.
- Add your goji berries once cooked and eat !
- Calories: 470
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fats: 6g