It’s Valentines week… which means it’s the week of love. But it’s not just about loving your partner, it’s about loving your friends, family and most importantly yourself !
It’s also my birthday on valentines day and my middle name is Valentine, so this week is always a special one.
I’m going to be sharing a valentines inspired breakfast everyday of the week on my instagram and posting some recipes here , so keep coming back to check them out.
Strawberry & Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 40g Oats (blended to make oat flour)
- 30g Vanilla or Chocolate Whey Protein (Could use a vegan protein)
- 120g Banana
- 1 Egg white (30ml)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 15ml Beetroot Juice (For the Pink colour, could use strawberry flavoured protein powder or red food colouring)
Toppings: 100g Fresh strawberries + 1 Tbsp Choc Shot
- Blend your oats to make oat flour.
- Mix together oats, protein powder and baking powder
- In a separate bowl mash a banana
- Add the egg white and beetroot juice to the mashed banana
- Then add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients.
- The mixture should be very thick, but if its too stiff add a splash of any type of milk
- Heat a non stick pan to a MEDIUM heat, not too hot
- Spoon 2 TBSP of the mixture into your pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes
- When firm get flipping and cook the other side for another minute
- Repeat and stack your pancakes
Macros for the stack + Toppings as specified:
- Calories: 470
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fats: 5g