I am clearly no vegan , but as I’ve opened up my eyes to more vegetarian and vegan food sources I’ve really started to love it. Getting to know Charlotte (@Charlotteemmma) inspired me to try some more vegan inspired dishes and we decided to collaborate and share some recipes.
This vegan quiche is a great source of protein and all your veggies, the best part about quiche is you can slice it up and take it into work or uni as your lunch. It’s really simple to make and pretty quick if you ask me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1 Chia Egg (1 tablespoon Chia seeds+ 3 tablespoons water)
- 120g Ground almonds
- 90g Oats (Blended to make oat flour)
- Dried herbs to season (Basil, cumin, your choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp water, add gradually as needed
- 1 block of tofu (396g from cauldron)
- 50-100ml Unsweetened almond Milk
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast
- Roasted red peppers, courgettes, red onion and mushrooms
- Pre heat oven to 200
- First place your tofu between two tea towels and use heavy cooking books to squeeze the moisture out of the tofu and set aside.
- Then make a chia egg by combining the chia seeds and water.
- Blend you oats and add them to the ground almonds, add any extra herbs and seasoning you want to the dry mixture.
- Add the melted coconut oil and chia egg to the dry mixture, add water a tbsp at a time until the mixture is crumbly put sticks together.
- Press the crust into a greased pie dish.
- Bake for roughly 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Then cook or roast your vegetables of choice. (We stirfried ours in a little coconut oil) and mix in the nutritional yeast once cooked.
- Blend the tofu with the almond milk until smooth.
- Add tofu mixture to your veggies and stir well.
- Finally add your filling to the pie crust and bake for a further 30-40 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool and then get ready to slice and serve !