Tofu and Black Bean Tacos
As most of you already know I’m not a vegetarian or a vegan but I love incorporating plant based meals into my diet. I still like to make sure they have a good protein content though as protein is satiating and leaves you feeling more satisfied and full .I love Tofu and I also love black beans, two great sources of plant based proteins.
This recipe is pretty simple and also really quick. You can increase the quantities to make them for a whole family and make them fun, just like you would a fajita night. so get your TACO on.
- 1x Container of Tofu
- 1x Tin Black beans
- 4x Tacos
- 50g Red Onion
- 100g Red Pepper
- 100g Mushrooms
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Finely Dice the red onion, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook in a large frying pan until they are half done.
- Drain any liquid from the tofu and add to a bowl, mash the tofu with the paprika, cumin and Himalayan pink salt.
- Add the tofu to the frying pan and allow to simmer and cook for 10 minutes for the liquid to reduce and the mixture to become firm.
- Finally add the drained black beans and cook until the beans are heated through.
- Spoon the mixture into two tacos per person
- Note you will have left over mixture each so you could have more tacos or eat it on the side.
- I like to serve them with avocado.
- Also adding a side salad or some steamed green vegetables such as asparagus broccoli or brussel sprouts is a great addition.
Macros (1/2 the recipe including 2 tacos):
- Calories: 340 Calories
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 24g
- Fats: 11g